Saturday, November 19, 2011

Mid-November

Already? How did that happen? I'm a bad blogger. (Am I even allowed to call myself a blogger with only one post up? See, this internal monologue is why nothing ever makes it onto the blog. Also, I just went back to school this semester after many, many years and it is seriously taxing my middle-aged brain.)

Anyway. Autumn. My favorite season and it is nearly over here in the northwest. We may even get snow tomorrow, which will cause me to curl up in a fleece covered little ball and cry into my cocoa. Which truth be told, hot cocoa was the extent of tonight's "cooking." Another reason I don't have children; hot chocolate & toast isn't exactly a balanced meal. But tomorrow, there will be soup making, and pot roasting and picking up of my Thanksgiving Heritage Turkey. This will be the first time I've made (or eaten, for that matter) a heritage bird so any tips would be greatly appreciated. 

It's nearly that time of year again...
Went to my favorite nearby farm recently & stocked up in preparation. In lieu of actual cooking, photos of the farm.


(I just realized I can tonight's sad non-dinner could be used in the Dark Days Challenge. Theo peppemint sipping chocolate, made with Pure Eire milk, bread made with Sheperd's Grain Stone Buhr flour, and homemade blueberry jam. Yeah, I'm trotting that out come January when I can't muster any more enthusiasm for winter squash.)

And with all the heritage that, grass fed this that I've been throwing around, I would like to admit the countdown to the arrival of TJ's Peppermint Jo-Jos is on. I'll be the crazy lady piling them in my cart the second they hit the shelves. And I don't share. 

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about your Dark Days Challenges! This is my first year doing the challenge too. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete